From first person point of view

I wish I was gifted enough to write a well written mystery from a first person point of view but as I have researched about writing a mystery using the 1st person POV, I had already broken one rule and that is the overuse of the pronoun I. I had no idea that was not a good idea.  Two sources says that I need to get into their head and show  my readers what she or he is feeling and experiencing. I say to my Lord, "Jesus, this is way over my head and I really want to do this!" Have you ever felt that way? I have and I can hear a voice telling me "You can't do it!"  The cry of my heart is  to have a mentor who can help me every step of the way.  I feel alone in this because most of my  writing friends, have developed their craft. I have only written and published one story and it was written from the third person of view. As I go to bed tonight, I will commit it into His hands and trust his timing. I had a dream this morning and maybe it applies: I was riding  a bicycle and as I turned the corner I noticed that part of the road was raised and steeped.  There were officers involved in something going on. I thought  to myself that maybe I can  ride up that steep hill, but when I did, I fell right back down and off my bike.
Jesus  wants me to wait on him and not go ahead or else I will fall right on my face. Only with Jesus can I scale any mountains because  without him I am nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure