WARRIOR AUTHOR

Ever since I published Baby Blues, my whole life changed and I am not sure for the better. It didn't seem like no one shared my joy. Although during the writing process people couldn't wait to read my book, the excitement died down once my release party began.  And the reviews slowly poured and stopped at  number three leaving with poor  rating average.  Why?  Several people told me the story line was good and  I even had a promise that if a blogger she would write a review about it but I saw nothing about it, The same of another woman.

I know I am not a  terrible author. This is the story God put on my heart. I wanted to give my readers an update on my two characters and didn't know that would be a sequel and not a series so I had to fulfill a promise. And since a romance was usually between unmarried couples, I turned it into a woman's fiction. It had to be about Julie. So what kind of issue could she have. First I thought her husband could have a bad past and  make her  be on birth control. She would have a strong  desire to have a family. There would conflict in the marriage, but discussing it with some authors in a  group turned out to be bad idea. So after much prayer, God lead me into another direction: infertility and rape. Rape is not something I want to write about it It's not a subject a rape victim wants to read about, but Baby Blues offers hope and Satan knows it and this is why I have become a warrior. I want to know why after a month of  my book  being out, I still only have 3  reviews? Most authors have tons already. Something is going on.  Even after I released my book,  my first attack began. Suddenly it felt my world was crashing around me and I fell into depression.

After about three weeks, I went to the altar for prayer. The Youth Pastor of my church preached  about breakthrough saying that we need to ask him to live in that area we  need breakthroughs for.. I needed to break out my depression. I was determine to slowly get back into my my normal life, Sometimes I still have my moments, but the Lord is helping me.
On another instance, it was a month after my book was out. Still no new reviews and I wonder what was up. I know most of my author friends may have their answers for  why this happened  why that happened, but they don't know that I walk a different road. God didn't call them to write on a sensitive subject. They are romance authors. Sure some of them have set backs, but they may not have the backgrounds that I do.  I'm not condemning them either. This is the path God called me to walk and He is beside me like a mighty warrior., Anyway I went to my prayer closet to pray about my book. I was upset because the reviews were not coming in. As I was praying, I heard a low growl. There were no cats pr dogs around. I immediately thought. Great. There is a demon in my closet. I looked around to see if I can see any movement and I saw
 my hangars moving. I commanded whoever it was to speak and my room got dark. I am crazy nor do I imagine things
The Word of God states that we do not fight against flesh and  blood. Read Ephesian 6 for yourself. Some people wants you to think that Devil won't mess with us but if you are a threat to his kingdom,  you better believe he will attack you. Why do you think Paul admonish us to put on the full armor of God? Why do you think Peter warned us that he is seeking to devour us? the devil wants to destroy us! I wrote Baby Blues because I expose one of his favorite subjects--rape. He doesn't like it and I believe he is keeping people from reading my book!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure