Not By My Peers but My Father.

I am not hurt because kids in school made fun of me. I knew my sister and I didn't fit in-- we were different.  It was my mother's desire for us to attend a Christian School and I wondered what my life would be like, if we did. I saw a testimony one night that in a way reminded me of my sister and I. His mother made a decision that affected his and his sibling's life negatively. The Children made fun of because he was fat and ugly (I think he used the word "Ugly"). He said he used to pretend he was invisible. As I watched how his life played out, I wondered how his life would be if his mother thought of her kids and not of herself. My father was the same way.

My grandmother grew up in Hanford and so my father wanted us to go to the same high school and schools his mother went to (even the same church). My mother call that Ancestry Worship. My mother's request was denied and we were put into public schools. My sister and I had different types of disabilities: She was what you now call mentally challenged and I was dyslexic and we were put in different classes and in different schools! We didn't attend the same school until we were in the fourth grade. Before then, I didn't have any real friends--well, I did, bu it wasn't lasting.

All through out my young life until I was in college, children made me feel invisible. They picked on me, made fun of me and called me names. The saying "Stick and stones may  break my bones but names will never hurt me," is not true. They hurt  and cans car a child for life.  Fortunately for me, I had Jesus in my life and He had helped me deal with the hurt yet I still felt unwanted and  unaccepted. I only had one real friend but she turned out to be a manipulator and an user.

What if we could have gone to a Christian School? Would we have been accepted? My father's decisions still affected our lives. I sometimes look at how blessed others are and wondered if they had a good upbringing. Yes, I know everyone has a hurt habit and hang ups. I have learned from previous testimonies that even someone with a seemingly perfect life, they  had issues too.

Thank God for Celebrate Recovery! I am in process of recovering from my hurts. My father may have made selfish decisions, but God is preparing a good path for me.

Below is a video by Hunter Hayes called Invisible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure