Marge and Dysfunction

Marge came from a family that didn't have high income and whose family was dysfunctional at best. Many families today are dysfunctional.  The father is a deadbeat. alcoholic or just not there. His heart is wondering, wishing for bachelorhood again. My own father wasn't alcoholic, but he wished for bachelorhood again. He married my mother only because he hope to gain her money. After marriage, he tried many ways and times to get her money but she had a wise sister in law.  My father didn't know how to be one either except he knew he had a family to provide, He told me once that my mother wnated children meaning it wasn't his desire. I knew that  by how he invested into our lives.  When I enrolled into a 4 years college, he intended to get interested by loaning the money to me, but his plan failed when the year 2000 came rolling around. His records of how much he lent me was  lost in his database.  In the gospels, Jesus was telling  the  people thateven though  evil parents know how to give good gifts , our heavenly father does even better!  I don't recall getting a  good  gift from my own father. Everything we got from  our earthly father was always second best because he  was cheap. God, however  was not.  "God so loved the world that he gave HIS ONLY SON!" Wow!  What parent would do that?  What parent would sacrifice so much in the name of love?  And why did he do that?  So that if we believe in his Son, we could have eternal life!   I have a parent who is almost like that and she is my mother.  She is always sacrifing and always giving  when we have need!  She protrays God to us that way and I am proud of her! Here is another verse: "If God  who did not spare (Another way of saying "sacrificing or  give) His son, but  deliver him up for us all, how shall he not with Him aslo freely give us all things?"  I think that is incredible! Although what he did with his Son wasthe greatest sacrifice a nd gift to us, God  would  give us more! God is a giving God!
Back to Marge, what happened in her past is more than just having a deadbeat parent.  My book gives some glimpse into her past and why she turned out the way she did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure