January 13, 2012.  Two days after I have found out from my friend and also author Michelle that my book was finally published.  I have prayed it would not take 6-8 months. I asked for God's favor and I got it or so I thought.
 It  is my first time to  have a book published and therefore I am new at all that is expected. When I told Michelle  about my prayer being answered, she bursted my bubble: "Yes, it took me  six weeks too to get my first book published." Oh well

My life has changed since she told me and even posted on my wall that my book is for sale now. Wow! I am finally an author! Do I feel any different? Some. Now I have questions. How do I begin to let people know. I am rather shy at talking to people on phones and I also do not know when I should do it (have a book signing event) If it is true that I might have to"supply" the books, I need to get  them at a discount. I also need to call Barnes and Noble and see if they will let me do it.  When I can set up a date, I can let KSEE News  know too!
I still need to let my local paper know.  Any helpful advice or suggestions from fellow writers are welcome.

January 17
Just few days after finding out my book   is published, my bubble was burts again. I have friends who wondered why it cost so much for shipping. I know they want to be happy for me, but they also don't me to be screwed. Having two friends who have worked with them I assured them that PA is legit. But now a new concern and a question: Are they?  I was surfing through the list of editors to avoid at Predators and Editors website when I came across "AmErica House (aka PublishAmerica). I was hoping to see they highly reccommend it like karla did but  did not. I was very heart broken to see that I had signed a contract  with a publisher not reccomended by P&E.  As to why I do not know and I had cried out my heart to God.
I was hoping for understanding but got a  bunch of "Well we try to tell you." Not only that but I was a bit confused because I believed what one of my friends told me that she  highly reccommended them. So what to do?  I knew that my second book would not be with them. The only thing I  was unhappy about was the royalties percentage but I accepted it as a small beginning and I am even more unhappy about my books only being avaiable online. Hmm. Maybe that is why P&E strongly not reccomend them. What is the use of  having a book signing  if the stores do not carry my books.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

When My Emergency Permit Expires