Henry the Cat

 I have a cat I don't like. He is demanding and selfish all the time and very rarely show any real love to me. It is like he has forgotten all I have  done for him through the darkest times of his life. Aren't we humans like that to their loving creator?  In fact, if you read through the book of Judges, you will find a cycle of sin ---> consequences---> oppression----> cry for help. They could have been spared all this if they remembered the laws and statues, and commands that God has given them.  If they would remember  the  blessings and curses that were  announced. God wants so much to protect his  people because outside of  his protection, all  kinds of evil could happen to them.
 Henry had all kinds of evil happen to him. My father had some bad spirits that if Henry got near him, spent time in any place my father spend his time in, those spirits would get a hold of him and cause Henry to be oppressed, but like the loving creator, I  still care for Henry and try to protect with God's help. It was a cycle with Henry until after my father's death. The funny thing about Henry is when my father was alive he would  risk keeping me company in bed at night or during the day. Not anymore.
Henry has forgotten what I have done for him and he has used his freedom as he please. I am no longer needed for anything but to make sure I give him his food when he wants it. If he doesn't get it, he will get on my lap to butter me up. That is his habit and he has become undesirable to me. I used to have another cat who I knew loved me but he was taken from me. I ask God is he was punishing me  for leaving me with Henry. It is not true that I chose him because  they chose us. Why did he chose me? Because of his  brother who was my cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure