The Truth Behind My Sleep Problems

As I was wanting to find out the cause of insomnia, I searched the web. I googled "Is insomnia a symptom of Anemia" and I found an article from Livestrong.com.  The article is called, "The Lack of Iron and Insomnia"
It is an interesting read.  It says that although there is no direct cause for it, RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) is  connected to it.  It makes sense because since 2000, I have suffered from RLS. I believe.  Livestrong is not the only website that will tell you Iron deficiency is one of the causes of Restless Leg Syndrome.  If you go to  
Restless leg syndrome: Causes - MayoClinic.com,  you will find the info there too.

I posted a link in my support group because Iron Deficiency Anemia is a symptom of the Fibroid Tumor. It is interesting what people will say is the reason for my legs being restless. They haven't lived in my body for 15 years with a tumor growing in their Uterus. Of all the heavy menstrual  bleeding , I have been on, it should have been a wake up call but I was ignorant-- I thought it was normal.

So far 15 years, I began to lose iron in my body and all the while I wondered why my legs were restless or that I had insomnia.  If I would have known, I would have been greatly concerned about it , if possible.

If these sleep problems were the result of not drinking enough water, would I have suffered restless legs a lot longer than 15 years? I remember it was after I graduated from college that I began to have restless legs.  My last semester ended 1999.  I remembered it was in 1999, that when I attended the Junior/Senior Winter Banquet, that I had bled more than any day I remember! This is why I am CONVINCED, that my sleep problems is connected to the lack of iron in my body.

I received a disappointed news from my surgeon who told me my surgery is postponed, meaning, I will once again lose a lot of blood  one more time. It is a good thing I have been taking my Iron.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure