The Year in Review

       2012 has been quite a year for me. Although, I have only seen a few things come to pass, it  hasn't been that great either.  My book Marge which I thought would make sales, turned out be a  flop and to my dismay, my publisher turn out to be a scam! I wanted so bad to become a best selling author but Publish America has priced my book so high that no one wants to buy it! The only thing they are good at is promising to publish your book-- that is as submitted.
        I did not know anyone who could proofread my manuscript nor did I have a tool installed to spell and grammar check. I actually thought there were no  mistakes in it until my aunt who was the first to point out there were grammar mistakes in my book in a  review she gave me.  Later an  author friend told me the same thing so I checked and they were right.
        I also tried to get my publisher to release my rights to my book to me, but  to no avail. My book was held captive by ruthless scam artists.  However my hope was turned around when an another author friend told me I could just rewrite it and that is what I am working on now: A Second Chance at Love. I have another rewrite but the story line is a little different and I have been waiting for someone to proofread that one. This one I used for a contest so it is a little longer than usual.   PA can have my flawed book. They will not get any money from me at all. 

         I finally had my first book signing in November and I was excited at the possibility of promoting my book and getting an interview with my local paper, but the event was a little disappointing for very few showed up and only one bought a book. I have a friend who said, "It is not about how many sales you make," but I desperately need the cash. Even after the article in the paper, only one person mentioned she saw me in the paper. Maybe others did too but I do not know.
         October  and November turned out to be busy months! I heard a lot about Createspace.com and decided to use them to self publish "Past Hunter." As of date, it is the best book yet! My book is published not only in paperback form but ebook format as well!  Although not many as paid for it, those who took  part in the  promotion , downloaded my book for free! I got better reviews for that then I did for Marge!  I also  completed the 50k challenge during the National Novel Writing Month contest and began working on rewrites!

         2013 is starting out to be  a great year!  I completed my second book trailer  and is now at Youtube.   I hope this year I will finally have some romance in my life because I could have last year if the man in question did not write like a scam artist.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure