The Storms of my Life

Last night, I went to church and listened to a sermon that my pastor preached on about storms. I can relate to the sermon because the storms in my life comes from "friendly" authors who thinks they can help me write (or should I say..."rewrite"?) my book.

I never said I was perfect, but I also never expected to have people tell me, "Your story would be better if.." So I listen to their advice and suggestions as my heart break. 

My pastor preached that storms comes unexpectedly and that no one ever hopes or wants a storm to come. Often time, we don't know how to deal with storms. The disciples figured all they could do is empty the boat of the water. Jesus was asleep. 
 How dare he sleep! Doesn't he know we are going to drown if he doesn't do something?  I am sure the disciples thought that, but what they didn't expect was how Jesus would answer the storm. They thought he would bail out some water too. to join in with them.

Often times we are like that too. We expect Jesus to "help us" in  ways we hope or want him too. They were in for a surprise..

The boat represents helplessness and to me my boat is called writing. I still struggle with writing. I think what I wrote is perfect the way it is until the storm hits. Too many points of view, one author says. I think that this paragraph doesn't make sense,  another says. JESUS HELP! 

Early on in this account, Jesus told them that they were going to the other side. If they would have remembered that Jesus said that and that he keep his word, they would not have lost faith. They did you know.  When Jesus woke up, he did something they didn't expect and they watched in amazement--He rebuked the winds!
Wow! He could do that?
Who is this man that he can control the waves and the wind?
I guess they forgot that He is the Son of God.
I think from time to time, we all have. We still want God to solve our problems the way we want him to do when His ways are so much higher than ours.

My prayer: "Jesus, you have given me this awesome ability to tell stories, but I need help. I don't expect you to solve my problems my way, but your way. Help me because I feel like I am sinking!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure