In Defense of Kenneth Copeland (My Testimony)

 Long ago, I used to watch Kenneth Copeland on TBN with my mother and sister. I was the last of us females who had grown spiritually and moved into the Charismatic. I had lived a worldly life as a Christian and let my one and only friend influence me to the point that I listened to music that most Christians don't approve of and enjoyed watching movies or tv shows a Christian shouldn't watched. My mother saw this and prayed for me. She prayed for the whole family and decided we all needed to change. She asked to start with her.

My mother had some very influential charismatic friends who introduced her to Christian leaders of faith; Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey and Charles Capp to name a few. She went to AGLOW Meetings and my sister soon went with her but I still remained worldly.

God changed all that.

It was after 1995 when I moved to Washington (at least I thought I did) that I was away from all that. I had no friends and my aunt whom I stayed with pretty much wanted her time to herself. All I had was God. I couldn't find a music station that I liked and started to listen to Christian music. During my time in Washington, I spent more time reading the Bible and with Jesus. My life slowly changed.

After I had to come home, I didn't want to reconnect with the person who influenced me to live my life the same way she lived her. Michael W. Smith's song The Other Side reflects that. Peter wrote about when you give your life to Jesus, you are no longer like your worldly friends. I did have other friends, but when I left my current church, I saw her less and less. Fortunately for me, years later I  made a new friend who replaced my old friend (isn't God good?)

But it wasn't until Gloria Copeland and Billye Brim was on the BVOV broadcast talking about living a holy life and God quickened my spirit when I read, "You must not have a hint of immorality or anything impure in your life." I know I needed to purge myself of all those cds, posters, books, etc that doesn't glorify God, but man or Satan. Those two together helped changed my life. In 2002, I got re-baptized but by my decision and the song "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" became my theme song. I no longer looked back, wishing for my old life.

Now I will tell you that somehow I let something or someone convinced me that Kenneth was a false teacher. I stopped watching him  and believed the lie that he uses the contributions for his selfish desires, but it all changed when God opened my eyes through people such as Hank Kunneman, Lance Wallnau and Mario Murillo who all appear together on Flashpoint aired on a channel owned  no other by Kenneth Copeland. I stopped believing the lie that he is a false teacher. The false teachers are educators who willingly teaches critical race theory to their students or goes with the  deep stated educators wants them to teach. The false prophets is the media who doesn't report the truth but the lie to make who they represent look good. The false apostles are corrupted politicians. So think about it?

How could Kenneth Copeland be a false preacher or evangelist if his broadcast changed my life?

And by the way, I don't watch Kenneth preach, but I still watch Flashpoint. The three men I mentioned, all respect and look up to Kenneth too. If you don't like Kenneth, then you don't like the three men, but I won't waiver.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure