Small Blessings

All my life I have been dependent on others for rides. I've never liked bothering people if they can take me to church or any other places, but that is my life. When I was younger, much younger, I wasn't able to get my license at 16 or 17 because I didn't remind my father for the money for my permit---yes, I forgot and I guess it was my duty to remind him. I am only saying this because I am sure you would think so.  As I got older, I had opportunities. I got my permit and asked people other than my father to teach me how to drive--they did, but each of them cut short so I never made it as far as taking the test.

I used to have a bicycle, but I got tired of fixing flats that it wasn't worth keeping so I junked it and it turned out to be another man's treasure. I was believing for bigger and better transportation, but it hasn't happened yet so I continued to depend on people for rides. Not only that, but I took the bus more often than I like. You may have seen me complain about taking the bus: The bus driver was late so I ended going home later, etc. It is really how I feel but people sees it differently and try to "Help" me see it  from another perspective. Well, I am seeing "small blessings" during my hardships.

As I was riding the bus today, I thought of the drivers who actually go out of their way to help me. Since my Hysterectomy I have been using the rolley cart to haul groceries in and I have found it is not easy. Sometime drivers wont lower the lift for you and you practically have to force  the cart onto the bus. Not only that, but  fancy strollers are in the way because the mothers  cant put it under the seat or another person is on the bus with a rolley cart. But the small blessings I see are the drivers that will help you take it off the bus, and once in a  great while they will lower the lift so it would be easy to bring on board. I know a few drivers like that. Those are small blessings that helps me forget about the troubles. Another small blessing is when the bus drivers are nice and friendly because I have  seen a few who aren't.  I wish all bus drivers were like that but I am grateful that God allows us to have those small blessings. The bus rides could be worst. There have been days when 2 individuals board the bus and they are sitting in wheelchairs or scooters or that the bus is late because of these people...sigh. I know I may have it better than they. Maybe I need to be grateful that I have a way to get to the store instead of making my  friends think I am not by my posts on my wall. (Can't anyone sympathize with me?)

Since I really have no reason to hurry home except wanting to do some writing, I could be glad to have a little extra to myself. I always try to bring my kindle if I get bored while waiting for the next bus. I just hate those cold winter days or the hot summer days.

Another reason why I may be complaining is because I am the one who always have to go shopping. My sister is well and able, but she has gotten used to me doing it. My fault. Oh well. And can I mention that I have to use what little money I have to pay for bus fare?

We also are dependent on people taking us to church, but now that we are members of  a church more small blessings. Well, it began before we became members. Our neighbor who has known us since we first moved here to Hanford was willing to take us to church with her but only when she sis going and later  a couple more people. But now with our neighbor attending church elsewhere, a friend who takes  us will not be able to take us, our church is coming through for us as they try to find rides for us.
 I am so grateful for these small blessings and I hope you will see that I am not complaining. Once more I am grateful for God who always come through for us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure