When a Church Thinks Outside the Box

I have been attending a certain denomination for awhile. It was the church mom wanted to go to and we fulfilled her wish by calling on a friend who also went to take us, but those days are over with and my mother is no longer with us. We had soon discovered that the blessings flowed when she was with us. It's been seven years, but in the last year and a half the blessings stopped. The church got a new pastor and things changed, The last thing anyone have done for us with to give us a bicycle but that was because someone thought we should have one and we gave her our permission.
I have nothing against the staff of the church. Just the congregation. Very few of them have helped my sister and I out when we were in need. Our transportation to church had changed. Instead 4-5 people a month, it dwindled to one. No longer could we go to anything outside we wanted to, risk getting flats or having an accident.

But when this denomination started thinking outside the box(The box being the building where they meet), their focus changed to members of the community who are in need, to the nations. This is great except for one of thing: those inside the box have needs too. It's not just my sister and me. There are members who are in need as well. So it seems to me that how can this denomination help people outside the box while ignoring the needs of the congregation. I guess the founder thinks if you help people, God will help you. He had people helping him and his siblings when they lost their parents, but how can my sister and I help when our needs aren't met? How can we give any money if money is scarce around here?
When church thought outside the box, a couple of us wants to leave the box. We fit in the categories that are outside the box. So it really it doesn't apply to us because we are of the denomination that wants to help out the community. We do not qualify or deserve to be part of CitiServe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure