The Priceless Cat

I have a cat named Henry--I didn't name him, but my sister did. You see, what happened was  a dog mauled his and his brother's mother when they were very young--too young to be on their own and they they were born feral. My father took them and cared for them, but when they reached a certain age, they chose who they want. My mother, sister and I each named a kitten. It turned out that the kittens we named didn't pick us.My first cat didn't live long but he was precious to me and this Monday will mark nine years since a reckless driver ran him over--well, I'm not sure the driver was reckless, but it sure was odd for someone to drive down our residential street at 6 in he morning.

Henry selected me shortly after his brother did so I owned two cats. A blessing, huh? Not really. Henry had problems--he had a weak mind and the demonic spirits that had attached themselves to my father easily swayed Henry to unacceptable behaviors. In short the first three years was a nightmare, but I felt it was my duty to care for Henry the best I can. He had some good moments. There were times when he needed to be near me and sleep on my bed or lap, but it eventually costed him if he wasn't careful; the spirits would sway him again. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I lived through it.

After my father passed away, all the spirits of the house left too--most every room were free of the spirits, but Henry changed. Now he didn't need me as much. He didn't spend any time with me in bed and I felt he had used me. All for nothing I desired a better cat, one who would be a companionable cat and keep me company in bed. I felt that Henry would only go to me when I needed me.

I know that cats are independent creatures, but I also know that cats do like to spend time with their owners and I desired that.

Recently, Henry became that priceless cat. Not from my own persuasion or doing but out of his own will, but not as I expected but even better! God has a way in meeting your needs beyond your expectation! All it took was bringing a new cat into the family. This new cat is hostile towards Henry and his brother and yet they do nothing to provoke it. She hisses and growls if they get close and Henry is not afraid of her--she is afraid of him!  I tell Henry to be nice because I hope that someday she'll be friends with him. It's been six month and it hasn't happened yet he wants to be friends with her.
Now Henry surprises me. I come in from my morning walk, and there he is running to me. He follows me, eats his food and  as I climbed in bed, he jumps on my bed, gives me love and sleeps by me! All beyond my wildest dreams! So what he does it in the morning only. After all, I can get one more of hour of sleep before officially waking up. This time he spends with me is priceless. My sister asks, "How do you feel?" What can I say? It is beyond my wildest dreams!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure