Twas The Night Before Christmas

Most recently I have been in  contact with a man whom I thought was Italian. I love Italian men but I never thought I would meet one.
I met him at Christian Soulmate, a dating website. It has been awhile since anyone has contacted me  so when I got this message, I immediately liked him after looking at his profile. I failed to  see that his I's were "i"s --One tell tale sign of a scam artist. They are notorious for using lower case "i"s.
His emails to me were sweet. He seemed the ideal man and he was Italian!  Or so I thought. I looked forward to them.
The things he wrote didn't seem like what a scam artist would write, but I began to have questions. I did my research and things were adding up but still some things did not make sense. In light of all this, I wrote a poem.

Twas the night before Christmas and deep in my thoughts,
 I wonder if I will ever be found by my true love.
                It was not every day that I meet an Italian. I never
                Imagine in my wildest dreams that one would fall for me.
                All his words were  sweet like honey. Who  would have thought
                He planned  to  set me up real good. Of course that never happened.
                Oh no! I got smart.  My friends who are wiser than anyone I know
                Would be proud to know I researched him.  I found out
          At  certain websites what he is all about.
                I knew he was too good to be true: promising he would buy me the things
              I so long for because I “deserved it".
                                            To be continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure