Making Plans but..

Jesus warned in the Bible that we should not  make plans for the next day because we do not know what the next day is like. We should not even put hopes in people who say, "they will" when we don't even know if they can, An example: In January, I announced that Marge was out.  A handful of well meaning friends says,  "I can order it the next month!"  February came and the same friends that says "They will, now says "I can't."  It has been out since January and already I think they have forgotten.  Another example is when another friend kept saying I will be able to see her in April. I could not in March because of her car. Now that she got a new car, I wait patiently then find out that it is not up to her but to her mom. You see on both instances I put my hopes in what they say and guess what? Nothing came about. We should not even say anything. One of my favorite sayings is "No promises." That lets the other person know  that things could change between now and then and we shouldn't  put our hopes in it.
I too have made plans, especially in the past. When my father was alive, my legs would get restless to the point that nothing could help it calm down.  Sometimes I would make plans to go somewhere in the morning and wake up not having enough sleep because of my leg being restless. I should say, "We will see what happens."
Just recently, I had made plans to do some researching on the net to find out any online tutoring I could apply for and look for a romance publisher, but on the previous day, something marred it-- At first I thought I had consumed too much caffeine but as in times past, it was the extra walking we did that caused me to not sleep good. Ce la vie. So I will just see what happens and... No promises

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with Alzheimer

Hanford's Hidden Treasure